Find here relevant information from the Austrian Accreditation Body.
Accreditation Act 2012 amended (20140616)
The Accreditation Act 2012 was slightly amended with the Federal Gazette Nr. 40/2014, published June 12th 2014. As the major change it now allows direct payment from (to be) accredited Conformity Assessment Bodies to assessors appointed by Akkreditierung Austria to perform accreditation assessments, whereas the control and responsability of the whole process remains exclusively with Akkreditierung Austria.
New name of the Federal Ministry Akkreditierung Austria is part of (20140301)
As of 01.March 2014 the name of the Federal Ministry the Austrian National Accreditation Body Akkreditierung Austria is part of has changed:
Bundesministerium für Wissenschaft, Forschung und Wirtschaft /
Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy
Please change the Email-adresses of AA personell in your Email-mailing lists from firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com (d insted of wf)
Law on the notification of Construction products released (20130711)
The law on the notification of construction products was published on July, 11th 2013 under BGBl. I Nr. 113/2013.
For the notification of Contruction products the department I/11 in the Federal Ministry for Science, Research and Economy is responsible. Accreditation by Akkreditierung Austria is a prerequisite for notification.
Decree on the use of the Accreditation mark and Logo of Akkreditierung Austria "AkkZV 2013" published (20130502)
On May 2nd 2013 the decree of the Austrian Federal Minister for Science, Research and Economy on the
- accreditation mark for Conformity Assessment Bodies and
- on the Logo of Akkreditierung Austria
were published under BGBl. II Nr. 116/2013 and are available under Downloads (available in German language only)
Policy of Akkreditierung Austria for the application of recently harmonised standards
- All initial accreditation assessments are only performed using the latest harmonised accreditation standards
- For re-accreditation and surveillance assessments the latest harmonised standards are used in a way to guarantee a transition until the end of the transition period
- With this policy the application dates required by the international accreditation associations
- International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC)
- International Accreditation Forum (IAF)
- European Co-operation for Accreditation (EA)
As a consequence the accreditation certificates issued by Akkreditierung Austria are recognised worldwide.
ACCREDITATION ACT 2012
The Accreditation Act 2012 became valid on 21 April 2012.
The Accreditation Act 2012 is based on the EU regulation (EC) 765/2008 and further defines the implementation in Austria. The Federal minister for Science, Research and Economy is responsible for accreditations acc. to EU regulation (EC) 765/2008 and has entrusted the department I-12 "Akkreditierung Austria" as the Austrian National Accreditation Body.
Further changes apply i.a. to the
- accreditation of Certification bodies,
- the establishment of an Accreditation Board taking decisions on initial- and re-assessments
- requirements for assessors and accredited Conformity Assessment Bodies, suspension of accreditation
Accreditation Act 2012